I have a lot of catching up to do (it has been quite difficult to get internet)
Sunday, December 25th
After eating at Cafe Rimon, I went to the Jewish Heritage Museum, located in Battery Park. It was an amazing exhibit. I loved the area that discussed the Jewish underworld in Brooklyn from 1930-1960. Some of the toughest gangsters were Orthodox Jewish (never killing on Shabbat of course). This exhibit made me feel like less of a poser as I listened to rap on my iPod, those fools don't have anything on us, we were the original gangsters.
Then I went to Central Park, and then back to Washington Heights for some yummy Chinese food (I had to celebrate Christmas a little bit, lol)
Monday, December 26th
I woke up with a mix of emotions, sad to leave New York but buzzing with excitement for Israel. I packed up all my things and took the Subway to the West Side to meet Menashe for my final meal in the city. Then I was off to the Airport.
The cab driver, of course, dropped me off at the wrong terminal (even after I told him it was wrong, he argued and I gave up). After running to check in, I made it to the gate no problem.
The 9 and a half hour flight seemed like a century. Turkish Airlines was not as bad as I thought. That being said, they did not have the Kosher meal I ordered. Thank G-d Ariella packed me a HUGE dinner which was incredible! They had personal movie screens, which was cool and a ton of movie selection but I could not fall asleep at all!! After staying up the whole night (New York time) we finally get to Istanbul, Turkey. I had a couple of hours to spare and I thought the airport would have internet but I was wrong.
The next flight to Tel Aviv was only 2 and a half hours but I slept like a baby!
Tuesday, December 27th
Finally, I got to Israel!! I exchanged some dollars for shekels and got on a shuttle to Jerusalem. The women on the shuttle looks familiar and I actually knew her, she was in BBYO in Texas! 5 minutes in Israel and I was already running into people I knew!
I think I need to buy some more internet time, lol. I will post more soon!!!
Love,
Elisa
No comments:
Post a Comment