Saturday, December 24, 2011

In Transit. . . Finally Shabbos

December 23rd - 11:00 AM - On a Plane

My journey began this morning at 3:45 AM. Denver recently was hit with a snowstorm, so the roads to the airport were slightly obstructed, in addition to the holiday traffic, I was lucky to make it to the airport at 4:40 AM. After some confusion (on my part) of what airline I was flying on, I finally found the American airlines check-in. Of course the line is huge. I made it out with 45 minutes to get through security. After rushing around the airport, I made it to the gate on time, thank G-d.

One time zone later, I arrived in Dallas, realizing I needed to run to make my next flight. Those who know me best know that I am nothing, if not a fast walker. I made it to the gate with impeccable timing only to hear them announce a ten-minute delay of my flight. Great.

While I was waiting, my anticipation was rising. I have actually been to New York a couple of times on fun trips with my family but I was young and honestly, do not remember much. This trip is completely different and my heart is thumping with excitement.

We finally board and the pilot announces that we will only be 5 minutes later then our original arrival time, which is a relief because I have to get form the airport (LGA) to Ariella's apartment before Shabbos. My flight gets in at 2:25pm and Shabbos is at 4:17. The distance is close but the traffic will probably be terrible. I hope I will make it!

Until after Shabbos, Shabbat Shalom, Thanks for reading and check back soon for more (+ some pictures!)

Love,
Elisa

2 comments:

  1. Hey Elisa! I am so glad that your trip is off to a great start! I can't wait to check back and hear about your adventures! Have fun in The Big Apple!!!! Can't wait for the pictures! Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to "hear" from you! We are having fun too, with Brian

    ReplyDelete